Time to replace the SWG

Sep 20, 2012
First post .... Greetings to all!

I have a Aquapure 700 and started getting cell errors. I checked the cell and there was a small amount of calcium build up on one end. I did the acid wash and it look like it cleaned up very well. I put it back in service and it ran for a few hours and the errors came back. I do beleive that I found the problem when I unplugged the power connector and the pin in the cell came out and water shot out of the whole. Seems like the pin corroded at the connection point to the cell.

I've decided to go ahead and replace the entire system for a couple of reasons. One is that my power unit has some issues with the display, it's the older version, and with costs being what they are I might as well start over with everything new.

I'm looking at the Jandy Aquapure Ei and the Compupool unit. It's a 10,000 gallon pool so something in the 2 or 3x capacity would be better than what I've had. For some reason there seems to be some pretty aggressive pricing on the plug in version of the Aquapure. My issue is that their installation instruction call for a longer single piece of horizontal pipe to mount the cell and flow switch on then I have. I question as to why I could not mount the flow switch on another piece of horizontal pipe as long as it had some enough free space before the switch. I called Jandy tech support and they quoted the install sheet by verse.

My other thought is the Compupool. I need to dig up some pipe and do more re-piping, but it's workable. The Compupool national service center is here in Orlando, so I figure that I can always go bang on the door if I really need to.

Any comments one way or the other would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rob

CPSC24 or CPSC36 would work for you. I ordered mine from PoolNPatio.net. I was happy with their service and pricing. (I paid and they sent promptly.)
Tech support by phone has been great. I needed to swap out the LCD on the Power supply and they sent a whole new power supply. I've been happy with my unit. (CPSC48). I'm pretty sure control panels/Power Supplies are the same for the CPSC 16, 24, 36, and 48. The only difference is the internal settings (salt table) and the external cell.

Thanks all. I ordered the Compupool. It will be here Friday. I thought about it some more and the fact the the pin corroded off of the cell when the cell was relatively clean made me think about why I would stick with Jandy. Put a floater in the pool to get me by until then. I dug a hole to see where my return to pool line was heading and found the replumb job will be pretty minor. I'll post the outcome. Water temp fell lock a rock this weekend, but I still need to keep it pretty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.