Vacumming/Brushing the pool

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Just wondering how often other AGP owners vaccum and brush the pool? I am thinking once a week for brushing and I shouldn't have to vaccum unless the polaris doesn't do a good job.

Also, since I don't have a deck around the pool. It's going to be a bit challenging to do it from the outside. I guess I'll be going in to do it. :shock:

I usually vac and brush once a week.

I've been slacking though because it's been cold here. :shock:

If you take care of the chemicals, you shouldn't have to brush much at all. vacuuming will depend of course on the amount of tree trash, etc that may be nearby. I have trees on 3 sides of my pool and usually have to vacuum a couple times a week(unless the wind is blowing out of the E or SE all week and then I can go without having to vacuum at all). It all just depends on your situation, but in reality, it isnt gonna be much of a big deal at all.

Last year was our first with a permanent pool (had an Intex the year prior). We never brushed at all last year. On opening this spring, however, the need to brush was evident! I doubt we'll brush very often now that we're up and clean again though.

I think keeping the water balanced helps with the need for brushing, but you will want to vacuum somewhere around once a week, depending on usage, weather, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re:

my4boys2002 said:
I usually vacum daily the kids get so much Crud in their we don't have a deck they use a water bucket to srep in before the ladder.

We got to do this too. I have another solution too. Is to keep a small bucket (I used one of the kids) on the pool rail or in the pool and since I am usually in there. I use that bucket to make sure there is NOTHING on their feet. The area behind the pool steps has A LOT of sand already. My p/65 STINKS! I am already looking for a new automatic pool cleaner to replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.