Need Help Again

Apr 6, 2011
Hello Forum!

Ive been away for a while and my 24' above ground pool was neglected in my absence. The water is a light murky green and I was wondering what I need to do to get it back in shape. I was planning on getting it crystal clear again and keeping it that way all winter. I live in Mississippi so the winter will not be that bad. What steps should I take to get it back in shape? I plan to go buy whatever I need tomorrow and fix it up. I used the BBB method all summer and it stayed perfect.

THanks

Do you already have one of the recommended test kits? If not, ordering one is your first step. This also means that you will need to wait for the kit to arrive before you can true perform the Shock Process correctly.

Make sure you stick with bleach or liquid chlorine.

Use the following formula to compare bleach/liquid CL cost for what you're getting in FC yield per bottle for your money.
Oz. X percentage in decimal form (ie. 0.825). Then divide the cost per jug by that number.
So $2.69 - 182oz @ 8.25% would be right around 18c/CL oz.

Be sure you don't buy powdered chlorine, it either adds unnecessary amounts of CYA to your water, or calcium in the case of cal-hypo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.