best way for a cover

RH60

Jul 12, 2012
Richmond, Va.
Is there a better way for a pool cover in winter?
Had an AG pool 18 ft for about 20 years. Have a nice deck built around it and in the ground about 2 ft.
Rare freezing is a problem here.
Have tried a few things but this is what I do to winterized.
Drain pump and filter. Disconnect lines and cap.
Put one of those plastic air bottles in skimmer for expansion against what little ice if any.
Then use an AG pool cover screwed to the deck with stainless fender washers and screws.
Then a plastic milk crate (do get a few leaves, keeps away from pump) on the cover with a small pump in the crate. Plugged into an outlet that controlled by a 60-timer switch that’s by my back door.
Does not work bad. But of course rainwater on cover will push down and cause some pool water to over flow the skimmer.
So have to add a little water about once a month to make up for this.

Any better way. Or I have never tried an in ground cover that does not touch the water. And has those spring attachments. Rainwater would just run out my disconnected skimmer hose.
I know I would pay for this, but getting older and few health problems looking to make things as easy as possible.

Is this a good idea?
Best place online to order one?

Thanks for any suggestions

If you have regular wood deck you should be okay with anchors designed for wood. If you have trex decking or similiar it's not usually strong enough for a safety cover. I like the loop-loc brand but you'll have to call around locally to have one installed unless you were going to attempt it yourself and buy online (stock covers only)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.