Above ground "Bermuda Pool" and pool covers

Mar 12, 2012
Maryland
So here's the deal. I have an above ground 24' "Bermuda pool". It's one of those pools with the white railing and catwalk around the edges. Therefore, you can't really anchor the cover over the pool. I bought a pool cover online for a 24' pool, it came with around 4' overlap. I installed the cover and it appears OK, but it's a little big. I can anchor the cover to the side railing. My question is water collects in the cover, it lays flat on the surface of the water. However water will collect in the cover (like a bowl). It it OK to simply let the water collect (will it damage the cover? Or do I absolutely have to have a pump or some way to remove it?

It is much better to remove the water periodically or it'll get so full that it'll stretch and /or tear the cover and it'll also displace a lot of the water it the pool if you don't drain it once in a while. I just used my vacuum hose to siphon it off when I didn't have a pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.