Temporary large opening mesh leaf cover just for temp use

Sep 1, 2011
I have seen somewhere (over an outdoor fish pond with waterfall), a large opening (maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch openings) maybe 25% the opening size of "chicken wire" which is usually made with an "octagonal" opening shape.

I want it very light say 2 to 3 lbs for a 14 feet by 30 feet size coverage. I want to be able to manually flip off, or leaf blow off any leaves that fall on it.

Typical pool leaf covers are very closed mesh, water permeable but not large particle permeable. They are very heavy and are meant to go on top of a solid permanent solid cover.

Any ideas?

Relocated to equipment related forum. 257WbyMag - Forum Moderator

Re: Temporary large opening mesh leaf cover just for temp us

Just so you don't think you are babbling in an empty forum: thanks for the link.

- Sent using Tapatalk

? The link you provided shows a 3/8" opening mesh - how tight are the normal covers?

If I had to guess, mine is 1/4" and not heavy at all, even when wet, but it's only a 24ft round pool. But that just my opinion. Wet leaves are far more trouble trying to get off than the actual cover.

From what I can infer from the pictures I've seen what the 'pool care suppliers" for around $100 or more have spacing of , only my guess, maybe 0.3 to 0.5 mm. They let water pass through them but catch from sinking into the water any size of leaf. But they sit on the water and are impractical to be "flipped up" or simple " tightly stretched across" so they don't touch the water. Whether it will be practical to use a leaf blower to blow the leaves off the 3/8" mesh cover that I have ordered, before they get wet by rain, I will let you know, shortly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.