Oval pool solar cover

Photo0007.jpg

Here's a pic of mine.
I've since sunk some 4x4 posts and moved the brackets off the top rails. It just swings out of the way when rolled up.

Is it GLI brand? I found the one I posted on ebay for 155 shipped so I pulled the trigger on it. Can't wait for it to get here. Is it ok to leave them up for the winter or should they be put inside? 18ft long, not sure where I would stick it. No suggestions please. lol

I like how the one you list has bearings. I have a different brand and it is mostly plastic. It does the job though. What I do like about mine is when removed the base is not sharp and is pretty flat. One side is against my deck so something that sticks up would be bad. As for storing it....I have removed the cover off of mine, folded it and brought it in. The reel itself I hung up under my deck. I also brought the whole thing in and hung it from the rafters in my basement when it was new. Obviously the tube will not be 18' long when it comes, you'll have to put it together which means you can take it apart. Mine is multiple tubes that fit inside each other with screws holding it together. The directions for the one you ordered show quick release pins.

Glad I did it yesterday. It was 84 degrees yesterday and the water was 76. We had a cold front come through and are dropping down to 45 tonight and then Hi 50's low 30's for the next 4 days. Bet that water is like ice come Tuesday.. Brrrr!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.