BBQ Galore

They had a severe management change, part of that change included the letting go of the forum moderator and the re-structuring of it's internal priorities, one of which is the lack of support for their forum. I spoke with the moderator soon after the site went down, and soon after his dismissal. Also, I have been in contact with "DrDave", he has had some contact with the new management there, they had told him that the site would have been back up a few weeks ago, however as we can all see that is not the case.

I also spoke with Dave about starting his own forum, very similar to the BBQ galore site only a Vbulletin style, however I can only imagine the the time and effort it would take to not only start one up, but maintain it as well (Sean can probably attest to this!!). That being said, I ran into a couple of the members at last weeks stagecoach festival here in socal, they were competing in the bbq contest and each indicated the need for another forum. I sent Dave as much information as I could find with regards to a new forum, but only time will tell what happens next.

Greg

That's really too bad about the management change deciding that the forum isn't important. I thought that these days all companies recognized the benefits of that sort of thing. The BBQ Galore forum and easy support available on there was what led me to spend several thousand dollars on BBQ galore brand hardware for my outdoor kitchen. What a shame. That said, if it drives all the users over to TFP/GWS then that's a plus.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.