Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBQ Galore

1. Back To Top    #1

BBQ Galore

Anyone know what happened to their forum? I haven't been able to access in a couple of weeks.
    IG Liner
    SWG
    15000 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Dunno, but I think the last time it went down like this it was down for a LONG time... around a year if I recall.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

They had a severe management change, part of that change included the letting go of the forum moderator and the re-structuring of it's internal priorities, one of which is the lack of support for their forum. I spoke with the moderator soon after the site went down, and soon after his dismissal. Also, I have been in contact with "DrDave", he has had some contact with the new management there, they had told him that the site would have been back up a few weeks ago, however as we can all see that is not the case.

I also spoke with Dave about starting his own forum, very similar to the BBQ galore site only a Vbulletin style, however I can only imagine the the time and effort it would take to not only start one up, but maintain it as well (Sean can probably attest to this!!). That being said, I ran into a couple of the members at last weeks stagecoach festival here in socal, they were competing in the bbq contest and each indicated the need for another forum. I sent Dave as much information as I could find with regards to a new forum, but only time will tell what happens next.

Greg
    41k pool, Pentair Intelliflo VS main pump, Jandy stealth 3hp water feature pump, Jandy stealth 3hp spa pump, Jandy LX 400 heater, Pentair 4000 DE filter, Jandy Aqualink RS controls, Jandy aquapure chlorine generator, 2 Pentair pool SAm lights, 1 Pentair SAl spa light. 4 Jandy deck jets, 1 Jandy sheer decent, Rico rock water fall.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Don't forget, if you scroll down the index page just a little, you'll see the new forums for "Grill With Skill." Feel free to invite people to stop on in - pool or not.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Sean, I am spreading the word!

Greg
    41k pool, Pentair Intelliflo VS main pump, Jandy stealth 3hp water feature pump, Jandy stealth 3hp spa pump, Jandy LX 400 heater, Pentair 4000 DE filter, Jandy Aqualink RS controls, Jandy aquapure chlorine generator, 2 Pentair pool SAm lights, 1 Pentair SAl spa light. 4 Jandy deck jets, 1 Jandy sheer decent, Rico rock water fall.

6. Back To Top    #6

That's really too bad about the management change deciding that the forum isn't important. I thought that these days all companies recognized the benefits of that sort of thing. The BBQ Galore forum and easy support available on there was what led me to spend several thousand dollars on BBQ galore brand hardware for my outdoor kitchen. What a shame. That said, if it drives all the users over to TFP/GWS then that's a plus.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Thanks for the update. I'm in the planning stages of my outdoor kitchen, and I was looking forward to using valuable info from that site.
    IG Liner
    SWG
    15000 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

Teed, if I can be of any help let me know. I also have DrDave's email and website info if you need it.

Greg

http://web.mac.com/gunkel04/Site1/Bar.html

9. Back To Top    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by -Greg-
    Teed, if I can be of any help let me know. I also have DrDave's email and website info if you need it.

Greg

http://web.mac.com/gunkel04/Site1/Bar.html
    Thanks Greg!! I'll keep you posted.
    IG Liner
    SWG
    15000 Gallons

10. Back To Top    #10
    Teed, on Greg's suggestion, I just added a new area to Grill With Skill, called BBQ Islands and Outdoor Kitchens.

Maybe you can help get the ball rolling there by posting some info about your project.

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.