Exposed Plaster

jinjil

Mar 29, 2012
I had my in ground Diamond Brite plaster pool closed and had a new cover installed, this is a new pool and first closing. The company I had do the closing pumped the pool water down about 5" below the tile line. I now have the top of a step and that 5" of plaster exposed, will the plaster dry out and crack ?

jinjil said:
I had my in ground Diamond Brite plaster pool closed and had a new cover installed, this is a new pool and first closing. The company I had do the closing pumped the pool water down about 5" below the tile line. I now have the top of a step and that 5" of plaster exposed, will the plaster dry out and crack ?

I have never heard of that being a problem. It is normal to lower the water level below the tile line so I stood not crack the susceptible tiles. The company was reputable, then they should know what they're doing, and if they are good company you should feel comfortable asking them same question, but is just fine to ask here as well
You should put your location, at least the city, in your signature, that will allow others to help you much better

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.