High FC reading

chezdude

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2012
Hillsborough, NC
This is my first Fall/Winter with my new pool, so still new to all this. Pool reading taken this morning:

FC - 12.5
TC - 12
pH - 7.8-8.0 (acid demand was 1 drop)
TA - 50
CYA - 32
CH - 170
Temp - 59 F pool, 62F air
salt - 2800 ppm (SWG reading, but tests with strips show it to be accurate)

My FC has been creeping up over the past two weeks. I'm thinking its due partly to the weather as there hasn't been a lot of sunny days in the past two weeks. I adjusted my pump schedule today to 4Hr high and rest Low speed and turned SWG down from 20% to 10%.

Outside adding some CYA and Calcium, any other suggestions for getting the FC down in line for the coming winter?

If lowering the output percentage does not lower the FC enough, then you will need to lower the run time. The SWG it's likely still producing even on low pump speed.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Turns out the SWG doesn't run when the water temp drops below about 50 F.

And to turn it off without turning off pump, just drop % to 0. My SWG runs as a percent of pump run time.

I haven't moved to full winter schedule where pool co instructed me to only run pump 4 hrs per day. I've been waiting for all leaves to drop first.

Heath

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.