cal to high

May 24, 2007
SOUTHREN VIRGINIA
i am making my second post as the first one i didnt do it correctly --my question is that my calcium nunbers are to high ,i have a 13,500 gal aboveground and would like to know what the dangers are from numbers being to high -all other numbers are good except my t/a was also to high so i added 9 lbs of bakingsoda and its okay now,just switched over from bacucil this year .........to chol..what a difference :lol:

oran said:
i am making my second post as the first one i didnt do it correctly --my question is that my calcium nunbers are to high ,i have a 13,500 gal aboveground and would like to know what the dangers are from numbers being to high -all other numbers are good except my t/a was also to high so i added 9 lbs of bakingsoda and its okay now,just switched over from bacucil this year .........to chol..what a difference :lol:

Welcome to the forums!

9lbs of baking soda should have RAISED your TA by about 48ppm, not lowered it. High calcium and TA can cause cloudiness in the water. I'd recommend you post your actual numbers. The "conventional wisdom" numbers you see most places are wrong, and many of the numbers interact. Post your pH, TA, and CH at least.

I deleted your first post since you reposted with info.

thank you for the quick response,iam away from my pool now but will post numbers soon thank you again,this is soooo much easier than the other pool program ive been trying to get a password from seems forever --sent cash but no action...this is GREAT TO ME :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.