Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cal to high

1. Back To Top    #1

cal to high

i am making my second post as the first one i didnt do it correctly --my question is that my calcium nunbers are to high ,i have a 13,500 gal aboveground and would like to know what the dangers are from numbers being to high -all other numbers are good except my t/a was also to high so i added 9 lbs of bakingsoda and its okay now,just switched over from bacucil this year .........to chol..what a difference
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cal to high

Quote Originally Posted by oran
    i am making my second post as the first one i didnt do it correctly --my question is that my calcium nunbers are to high ,i have a 13,500 gal aboveground and would like to know what the dangers are from numbers being to high -all other numbers are good except my t/a was also to high so i added 9 lbs of bakingsoda and its okay now,just switched over from bacucil this year .........to chol..what a difference
    Welcome to the forums!

9lbs of baking soda should have RAISED your TA by about 48ppm, not lowered it. High calcium and TA can cause cloudiness in the water. I'd recommend you post your actual numbers. The "conventional wisdom" numbers you see most places are wrong, and many of the numbers interact. Post your pH, TA, and CH at least.

I deleted your first post since you reposted with info.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

thank you for the quick response,iam away from my pool now but will post numbers soon thank you again,this is soooo much easier than the other pool program ive been trying to get a password from seems forever --sent cash but no action...this is GREAT TO ME
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince