Hayward H350 Gas Heeater install question

Apr 4, 2012
I am installing my pool heater and got power up to the unit. I have not installed the gas line or the plumbing yet. But right now I have no display on the panel. I at least expected something to come up on the display panel when I applied power to the unit? I don't want to go on with the rest of the install until i can figure that out. Any ideas?

My other question i guess is will it power up with no flow? Does the pressure switch prevent the display from coming up? I measured voltage out of the transformer and there is definitely not 120vac or 24 vac coming out of it.

It should power up but the heater will not ignite until it checks it's order of operations. It needs to have power, gas, and flow to ignite (there are a couple others but these are the primaries). If it's getting power it should turn on and then give you an error code telling you why it won't ignite.

Check the incoming voltage power jumper. It should correspond with the line voltage you have powering the heater. They are clearly labelled 120v or 240v. If its wired for 240v incoming and the jumper is set to 120v you could have a fried board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.