Plaster Curing Time - Rain

Jan 21, 2008
Jamison, PA
My PB has scheduled us to be plastered Thursday PM. I mentioned I was concerned about rain and he said it should be ok Thursday, but rain Friday. I will be filling up with 2 hoses and it'll take 24-36 hours to fill.

After plastering, is it OK to get rain while the pool is still filling? Or does it need to by dry for the full 24-36 hours? The PB mentioned that rain can damage new plaster, but didn't seem concerned about the rain Friday, even after I reminded him that I was hose filling it.

Any help or answers would be appreciated. At this point, if there's a chance of rain I'm probably going to have then reschedule. Even though I really want to get this over with. I thought about trucking in water, but it's almost twice as much. I'm just not sure I'm going to get 36 hours of no rain here in May...

John

I've seen a couple pools plastered now. I think if you make it past the actual plaster job to the point you can start filling, rain won't hurt it anymore. You definately don't want rain while the plaster is being trowelled on, as it will cause uneven surface and pits. If it's not goint to rain until the next day, you should be OK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.