strange question

keene3b07

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 9, 2011
I have a customer that has an old DE filter. They want to replace and dont have any preference of which filter. I have a sta rite cartridge filter in stock that they want me to put in because ill give it to them cheaper. Anyway The old filter had a brass push pull backwash valve and copper piping going in to the heater. Can i just slide the new filter into the backwash valve and just not use it? or will this cause a problem?

keene3b07 said:
I have a customer that has an old DE filter. They want to replace and dont have any preference of which filter. I have a sta rite cartridge filter in stock that they want me to put in because ill give it to them cheaper. Anyway The old filter had a brass push pull backwash valve and copper piping going in to the heater. Can i just slide the new filter into the backwash valve and just not use it? or will this cause a problem?
I suppose there would be a slight loss of head making the extra bends inside the valve. But really, the odds of the plumbing lining up is pretty slim. If uou have to cut pipes, may as well do them all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.