OKC pool started :)

blisstmr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2012
Just getting started in OKC, PB is Quiescent Aquatics. Talked to several and this is who we decided on. We have a big hole, gravel, plumbing and re-bar!

Trying to post pics :/

Thanks Christian, just finished reading Blake's post :)

Ok here is our backyard before....

8101445628_154c70c449_z.jpg

Here is the plan.....

8101445304_6bdb28a582_z.jpg

And the dig begins, never seen so much red dirt in my life!!

8101433489_d3624e8eba_z.jpg

8101433927_8123796d12_z.jpg

8101446094_7b06b66b1b_z.jpg

8101446500_9a189d2983_z.jpg

Trying to pick out tile and plaster color and if I want amerideck or not, anyone have thoughts about these things?

I had forgotten how red the dirt is in OK! Your pool is going to be nice! I like the big tanning ledge.

Very nice! Your plan is extremly similar to our quote. We actually went and visited a few of QA's pools tonight and came away pretty impressed. A couple of the pool owners we spoke to liked the AmeriDeck because of course it kept the decking area cooler. Just as important - they mentioned a plus with AmeriDeck is the ability to add decking later, apply the same color of AmeriDeck and the concrete all looks like it was installed at the same time. Something I hadn't thought of.

One question - did the PB give you an estimate of the additional decking you will need (if any)? It appears from your plan that he drew the decking needed. That is one of the unknowns for me is how much additional decking we need to budget for.

I will probably message you at some point being you are right down the road from me for an intro and a peak at your dig!

YES! So excited :)

As for the drawing and concrete, lol, I drew the extra part, his is the dotted line. My plan includes 3 feet around and then a few feet around the jump rock. I think the quote for additional with the amerideck was around $11 a foot? Still trying to decide on how much additional decking and if I want to do amerideck.

That's one thing about having a little extra time..... can think about colors and decks, I don't feel as rushed :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.