Gunite PB Quote in Oklahoma

Sep 14, 2012
Completely new to the idea of owning a pool but about ready to take the plunge. Been working with different PB's on getting quotes and this is the one we are leaning towards. Hoping to make a decision by 10/31 and start the process. Can I please get some feedback/ideas of how the quote looks and maybe other questions I need to ask the builder regarding the pool build

Thanks.

93 Perimeter
Dimensions: 34' L X 26' W Max
Water Depths: 3'- 7'
Quality controlled gunite with a minimum of 4,500 psi
Standard Tile
Oklahoma Flagstone Coping
1 Swim Out
1 Tanning Ledge with 2 bubblers
PUMP: Whisperflo Pump 2 HP
FILTER: Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge Filter
CLEANER: Pentair Legend Inground Pool Cleaner
LIGHTING: (1) Pool LED with Optional Controller
SANITIZER: Intellichlor Salt System
( 2 ) Hayward automatic surface skimmer
EXCAVATION: Complete dirt excavation. If rock is encountered the charge will be $250.00 per hour.
ELECTRICAL INCLUDED IN BID (HOOK UP EQUIPMENT ONLY)
DECKS: 500 sq. ft. of Amerideck/ Will Overlay Existing Deck As Well
PLASTER: QuartzScapes or ColorScapes
Freeze Guard Protection
Woodburning Brick Fire Pit Included as well

Thank you both. Hadn't even considered a sand or DE filter. We live in the windy state of Oklahoma with no trees around. The main threat we have is the wind blowing grass/dirt into the pool. Knowing this, would you have a different recommendation on the filter? It seems the DE may be best for those small particles of dirt?

You have definitely given me something to research!

You should check with your local EPA or environmental agency on the DE waste. We were in Lawton back in the mid 80s, a friend had a pool and they had issues just back washing their salt water. Had to put in a pit for a French drain to contain the salt water. (no salt chlorine generator at that time, they just loved the feel on their skin) so the DE may be a concern.

That's ours too! We started last week, will try to post some pics this evening. We have a big hole, lots of red dirt and re-bar :). Very happy so far.

We have very similar equipment, 36 x 17, no fire pit but same price so u have a good deal.

Trying to decide on plaster color and tile, have u picked those?

Glad to hear it! I would be very interested in your pics and following your build experience with them. We are still deciding between a few PB's but they are currently at or near the top if we can get a few details worked out in comparing their quote vs some others.

The firepit was a "throw in" because we first visited them at the state fair. Honestly I could live without it if needed.

My main hesitation with them is the fact that as a company they are fairly new to the market. If you don't mind me asking what made you decide to go with them?

By the way, we are in Piedmont - what part of the state are you in?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are in OKC but piedmont schools, so very close to u!

We looked at 4 builders and talked to several people about work they had done. Went and saw 3 different pools that QA had done. I felt like they were a newer company but had worked in the industry for a long time, not only Donny but the guy that came and did the dig. He answered every question I could come up with.

The price was another big factor, the other quotes were 10-15k higher. This wasn't the only factor but if I could get what I wanted 10-15 less, that appealed to me.

They are not the fastest so it takes some patience. I sell real estate so I understand that u can't only work one deal at a time, u have to have several deals going so u will have a continuous pay check and be able to continually pay ur people.

U are welcome to come take a look anytime!

Finally pulled the trigger and signed a contract today. Same specs as above except I did upgrade to the Intelliflo Variable Pum vs the Whisperflo 2HP Pump.

I did post a question about the Kreepy Krauly Legend vs 9300 under the pool cleaning section of this board, as this is another option the builder gave us. Not sure what to do there - and would welcomve feedback.

Very excited to start this process and be swimming this summer!

Flatlander,

Dig should start very soon. Donny was applying for permits early this week and getting Okie Dig out to mark gas/electric lines. The only possible delays to starting the dig are on our end. We have to get HOA approval (shouldn't be a problem) but more challenging is we have to get one of our sprinkler heads re-routed for our aerobic septic system as of course it is currently sitting directly in the middle of where our pool will be.

The septic guys are supposed to hopefully be out this week.

Once we start, you are welcome to come over and look anytime. We live in Piedmont, so pretty close to you.

poolinok said:
Flatlander,

we have to get one of our sprinkler heads re-routed for our aerobic septic system as of course it is currently sitting directly in the middle of

I'm sure your PB will have no problem re-routing your sprinkler lines like ours did. Our PB just used their Bobcat to crush or break every line in its path from the street to our back yard. Sometimes just folding or creasing them, but often times just pulling them out with my expensive Hunter Rotors attached!!... what joy!!

Hey Mark,

Okie Dig was out last week, HOA gave approval last week, sprinkler and septic guy completed his capping on Tuesday. Donny got permits this week.

Donny and team were out yesterday marking the pool area. Dig is supposed to start tomorrow! (Let's hope the rain holds off).

As soon as the dig starts, I will post some pictures. He orginally mentioned hoping to have the pool done by early-mid May. I will be thrilled if the pool is ready to open on Memorial Day weekend!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.