Plaster before concrete deck??

chaser

Aug 12, 2012
New Jersey
Hi,

Planning to post my build, but have not yet. Appreciate all the wisdom.

In short, I have a gunite pool under construction, going well. Ready for concrete deck to be installed, but will not be done for another week. PB is planning to plaster tomorrow (grey quartz product), before concretre deck is poured!!!

I'm told the concrete guy will be careful to not get dirt, etc in pool. It seems the pool will be full of water by the time he comes to prep and pour.

Does this seem reasonable?? I know it is getting colder (Southern New Jersey) and am going to need time to get salt and chemistry up to speed before closing for winter, so I can understand wanting to plaster sooner than later, but not at the expense of causing a problem.

Pool builder said this should be fine. I questioned, but don't have any reall ammo with which to hold them up. Appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

Yeah, I would suggest concrete first.

Even better, if you have a lot of backfill would be concrete in the early
Spring and then plaster........ giving your backfill an opportunity to compact itself. Don't know if that's practical in your situation, tho.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.