Where to get decent test kits?

What is it with Canada? Why can you not ship the test kits there? Is it that they won't allow chemicals in the mail or something? Just curious is all, I have seen alot of things now where nothing can be shipped to Canada, and not one explanation. That sucks, and I find it insane that something cannot be done about it.
I say that everyone in Canada just get together and pay for gas, and just have Dave drive them up to you.

I think Dave can answer that best, but I am thinking certain liquids are restricted coming across the border. I also believe Taylor is protecting their base and not allowing certain customers to start selling kits. I know, Dave an I were going to set up a Canadian TFP Test Kit site, but for the life of me I couldnt get anywhere with Taylor. The other problems with ordering from South of the Border for us, is the DUTY we can get hit with, sometimes it can be 100% of the price of something you are ordering, if tis made in the states..NO DUTY..if any part of it is IMPORTED into the states before final manufacturing...MAJOR DUTY.
I think with Shipping and all I paid 70 for my kit from Dave before this cross border stuff started. We are so backwards up here sometimes its scary.

Rik

For all we know some idiot at Taylor sold exclusive rights to market their product to a single entity for all of Canada. This has happened before with larger companies that Taylor. By the time they figure out exactly what the idiot did it is too late and there is not much they can do about it until the rights expire.

Not saying this happened, but it has before.

Jason, thats correct, but they in turn sell to Companies and were unwilling to set me up for Distribution throughout Canada. I was dealing with one of their vendors in Nova Scotia. To me, it was stupid, we can sell these kits in Canada for the same amount, but I feel some rather large mark ups are the cause of the higher then normal prices.
I am in the sales game, I know all about exclusive distributorships and the like and Taylor is only opening the door for competition to step up. Also, its a way of protecting their Pool Doors that more then likely carry other items from these other Distributors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rovers1973, I found a Taylor K2005 (God only knows how old it is) at a pool dealers here selling for RM400(US$122).

Find out who lives next door to Dave to have them ship for you without putting Dave in trouble. He/she gets some comission plus special discount from Dave (or as TPF Supporter). I say, it's a win, win, win. :twisted:

Vincent,

I think the model kit from Taylor you should be looking for is a K-2006 and not the 2005. I have the 2006-c.

There are some older threads from last season that I made a few posts on where they will ship to canada for a fair price. Not as cheap as the TF kit, but, still not bending you over a barrel too badly. :) Would be nice if the TF Kit was available up here.

Rovers I sent you a pm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.