My Walmart not carrying 182oz 6% any longer

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
My husband went to pick up some clorox bleach for me today for the pool. Turns out they have
switched to a 121 oz bottle at 8.25 % strength. He asked them to check in the back for the 182oz 6% bottles and they said there was no point in looking as they were not going to carry them any longer.

The old bottles contained about 11 (10.92) chlorine-ounces. The new bottles contain about 10 (9.9825) chlorine-ounces. If the price is the same, that's about a 10% price increase. If the price is less for the smaller bottles, it may be a wash or even a better deal.

Taterfink said:
My husband went to pick up some clorox bleach for me today for the pool. Turns out they have
switched to a 121 oz bottle at 8.25 % strength. He asked them to check in the back for the 182oz 6% bottles and they said there was no point in looking as they were not going to carry them any longer.

It has been like this for about a month

interesting-observation-about-bleach-tonight-t51968.html

Our Walmart here is actually quite expensive for bleach, not the highest, but too high IMO.

I buy it at Kroger, they have a zillion sub brands and stores, but here in the Pac NW, it's Fred Meyer and it comes to about 17c/CL oz. SUPER CHEAP!!
It's still labeled as 6% for 182oz, but it's actually 8%. If I use 6% in pool calc for my nightly additions, it comes out to be waaayyy high. But if I use 8%, it's spot on, every time. So It's probably 8.25%, it has been this way since I got my pool back in July of this year.

Here's my post in a thread /w more detail on the matter.
walmart-bleach-vs-pool-store-bleach-t52968.html#p442878

*Seriously, I don't work for Kroger, I'm just a bargain freak!! :D

BAH!! No worries.
You're allowed to go live under a rock for a while, no problem. ;)
The Googles with the Interwebs doesn't always work the best for finding what one needs. It's no biggie. Humans are much better databases than search engines are, especially lots of humans in one place. It's like an ultra Google, even better!! :D

So ask away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.