hayward h250 problems

Oct 11, 2012
So i had a tech out here about 2 months ago because it would not ignite under the "spa" switch setting, after wiggling some wires he got it to light under the "pool" setting but not the spa settings, so i continued to use just the pool setting. well it recently would stay on for about 20 minutes and then turn off and not turn back on, i noticed a little red light blinking and clicking coming from the control module. well now it won't turn on at all.

Hayward H250 250k BTU Millivolt Pool Heater - Propane

yea the main plug that plugs into the back of the controls, ive tried wiggling it again but nothin anymore. tried unplugging it and still nada.. don't think thats the problem though since my control module kept clicking

Well it could be that you now have too bad thermostats or something in the safety loop. I don't think the module is bad as usually there is no activity, no blinking light, when that happens. I would consider having the tech come back out and see if he can find the issues. Hopefully he knows how to use a volt/ohm meter.

with the millivolt system, there is a good chance that some of the terminals are corroded and with a millivolt system, corrosion is the first problem with electrical failures...the wiggling of the wires probably scratched some corrosion off of a contact and initiated voltage again...I took all my plugs off and used a mini grinding tool to clean all contacts and solved the problem.....I eventually got rid of the millivolt for regular electrical and it is way more successful....now heater exchangers, thaat is another problem with the H250 :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.