LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So when closing I pulled the ladder out, it is a Confer or something like that plastic ladder that you put water in the legs to stop it from floating. When I pulled the ladder the water that was in the pool dumped (outside the pool) and was green as anyhing even though pool was clear. So I was thinking next summer using my drill pump to pull the water out of the ladder legs every week or so and refilling. Or maybe add some bleach mix to the ladder leg and fill. Any one else ever experience this? Suggestions?

Is the water in the legs able to mix with the pool water or is it completely isolated? If isolated can you fill with gravel and keep the water out?

- Sent using Tapatalk

We used to have "basketball goals" that had a water filled base. That base let in just enough light to let algae accumulate and get nasty inside. I filled each base (probably 5 gallons) and added maybe 1/2 cup of bleach.....they were algae free for that whole season.

I see no reason why you couldn't do the same with the ladder(s).

duraleigh said:
We used to have "basketball goals" that had a water filled base. That base let in just enough light to let algae accumulate and get nasty inside. I filled each base (probably 5 gallons) and added maybe 1/2 cup of bleach.....they were algae free for that whole season.

I see no reason why you couldn't do the same with the ladder(s).
Interesting - do you think the initial bleach just killed off the algae cells present and then being sealed it did not get back in or did the chlorine maintain over the year due to the low light?

- Sent using Tapatalk

I have a confer step for our pool. They should be filled with pool filter sand. At the end of the season I remove the handles and pour a cup of bleach (one on each side) and rinse with garden hose to distribute, then reattach the handles. Looks fine after 4 years. I have also drilled four small holes at the bottom of our step so that they drain and water does not sit in the steps over the winter...small enough so that the sand sand doesn't pour out :>)

UnderWaterVanya said:
Is the water in the legs able to mix with the pool water or is it completely isolated? If isolated can you fill with gravel and keep the water out?

- Sent using Tapatalk

completely isolated, fill holes are at top, ladder is white plastic, I am thinking pool sand or gravel, with a little bleach for good measure. If I add Sand I guess I will plug somehow with a rubber plug and keep dry??

Thanks

duraleigh said:
chlorine maintain over the year due to the low light?
Guessing, but I think that's it. They were a fairly dark blue plastic so allowed very little light.
It would be interesting to sample the water at the end of the season for chlorine.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.