Free chlorine with OTO test kit

Jul 17, 2012
Hello,

I have read here: oto-test-for-chlorine-i-am-quite-confused-help-t4994.html That you can indeed see what the free chlorine is.
Can some one or Jasonlion explain how you do that?
When I do the test with oto, when I put the 5 drops in the water you can see a color formation is this the free chlorine or is de color formation at the first drop the free chlorine or must I steer the solution first to see for some second the free chlorine?

Thanks,
JJ

As soon as you invert the sample tube then flip it back over *don't shake*, BAM! That's your FC. Wait a few seconds and that's your TC. The difference being CCs.

As Jason said, it can be hard to see. Also, anything less than about 1/1.5 CCs and you won't see it.

Do you have the FAS-DPD test with the powder and clear drops, like what comes in the TF100 kit?

EDIT:
Also, please consider adding your location city(or area)/state to your profile as well as your pool information to your signature like mine.

This helps us troubleshoot your pool based on equipment and geographic location, climate, etc...

Here's the link for how to do that.
Please try to keep your sig to 5 lines. Makes for a tidier forum, less 'space' to scroll through on smart phones and such. :)
Adding your location & pool info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.