cell Only generates in Service mode

Oct 10, 2012
My cell started to only generate in service mode. Swapped cells , same issue. All lights work. Panel in house works but when I switch it to Auto mode , The low flow light will come on for a sec ( usually stays on for ~30 SECONDS) Then no generator light. In service mode in comes on and all is good.

Bama Rambler said:
Have you tried jumping out the flow switch?
swooperdave said:
Also I have no idea how to do what you suggested..lol[quote="Bama Rambler":3bygpger]The flow switvch is normally open and closes under flow.
[/quote:3bygpger] Based on Bama's reply to my question I think you would simply find the flow switch and jumper from one side of it to the other causing it to electrically seem as though you had flow. You should verify it is Normally Open and Closed when flow is present first, and part of the way to do that is to answer his question below:

Bama Rambler said:
What swg do you have?
All of this is just for the purpose of verifying if the flow switch is indeed the problem - if not then you would want to remove any jumper you add for testing.

Try disconnecting the comm wire between the generator and the automation. It is a four wire connection, usually connected to a bus that you can just unplug at either end. My guess is that the automation is telling the generator not to come on, perhaps it is turned down, and when you switch to service, the automation gives control back to the generator, and starts to work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.