ray vac hose replacement

Oct 8, 2012
I have been searching online and usually google is my friend but I have not been able to find any suggestions on replacement hoses for my jandy ray vac. I was thinking about going to my local home brew store and finding a 5/8 inch silicone hose and cutting it to size. Has anyone tried this? Looks like I can buy hose at $2 linear foot. At 18 feet it would cost $36 versus $36 for one three foot segment of a jandy replacement hose. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Welcome to TFP.

I don't see any problems with using aftermarket tubing. I had a hole develop in the bottom of the silicone pusher hose (R0373600) and I just cut the out section that had the hole in it and re-attached.

Which section is bad on yours? The pusher hose is a different diameter than the next two silicone segments (R0377200 and R0375700). As long as you get the right diameter then it should work. The only concern I have is that it has the same level of flexibility as the OEM part. It is more like flexible surgical tubing than stiff vinyl. You wouldn't want it to affect mobility.

Some people would probably say to replace the whole cleaner...but I wouldn't give mine up for anything. It does a great job keeping my pool clean. I just replace parts as they wear out. I even think buying Jandy parts (even as expensive as they are) is worth it. Mine is five years old and I have only spent $80 on parts.

We are on our second ray vac and kept the old one for parts. I tried to use some of the old tube but it was not stiff enough.

Good point on the section of the hose is a bit smaller. I am going to take both sections with me when I buy the tube.

The tube I am talking about will cost about $2 a foot so I am going to buy about 6 feet and see how it works this weekend. Like I said to replace the entire hose tubing only would be 150+ from what I can find. so it is worth $12 to see if it works. I will report back.

Any additional comments from other site visitors would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.