PS-8 Aqua Logic Does Not Work

Oct 8, 2012
My filter - pump does not turn on. All functions on the display are working and the light button on the display panel does turn the lights on in the pool. When I press the filter button to turn on the filter it just clicks. The circuit board is ok and no burn spots - fuses ok - checked all power and power to the pump is ok. Shut main breaker off and waited 1 minute and turned back on but still same problem. Check system light is on as salt level was at 2000 ppm - added salt to pool because I heard that Aqua Logic will turn off if salt is real low. Still filter does not turn on after adding salt. Could the problem be with pump itself? If so, should I at least hear the pump attempting to run? I still think it has something to do with the board but everything checks out ok. Can anyone help???

Thanks, Dave

Only the SWG turns off with low salt. All other functions should work with low salt.

If you hear a click when you press the filter button, the relay is working so it is probably an issue with the pump. Have you checked all the breakers in the panel? If your pump is on a GFI breaker, it can be difficult to tell it has actually tripped.

Thanks Mark - Yes checked all breakers on panel and no problem there. The pump is a 1.5 hp Max-E-Pro P6RA Series. Does the pump have a "reset" button anywhere. Is it the pump motor that might be burned out and that is why it doesn't even come on at all? Thanks, Dave

I would first check to see if pump is getting power because even though the relay may be switching, it doesn't necessarily mean the motor is getting power. It could be a bad contact in the relay itself.

But if the pump motor is getting power, then there is definitely something wrong with the motor. After the relay switches on, can you here the motor hum? If so, then it is probably a bad start capacitor.

Pump is getting power. When I hit the filter button to turn on the pump I just hear the click and nothing else - I cannot hear the motor humming on the pump. So I would guess that I probably have a bad motor. I did have a lightning strike when this whole thing happened with the pool. Although, I think the pump and filter were off by that time - could this have caused the pump problem with the motor being affected by the lightning. Everything else (circuit board, wiring, breakers, etc.) has been checked and all are in working order except the pump.

Thanks, Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.