quick ESTIMATE of turnover time?

NocturnalDoc

LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2012
Redding, CA
I know, I know, there's no easy answer. I'd just like a reasonable estimate for starting, so I don't go for weeks and weeks after starting with a gross over-estimate.

So for those of you who have lots of experience, can you offer a starting point for me?

24,500 gal plaster, 2 skimmers and 2 returns in the deep end (though they join somewhere) for a total of 3 return lines to the pump. Pump platform sits just a few inches higher than the pool. 3/4 HP Whisperflo single speed. Summer temps up to 110F, winter down to 40F.

Thanks for any educated guesses.

On 2" plumbing the Whisperflo will probably deliver over 80 GPM.

What size is your pipe size, what type/size filter do you have and what is the filter pressure?

mas985 said:
On 2" plumbing the Whisperflo will probably deliver over 80 GPM.

What size is your pipe size, what type/size filter do you have and what is the filter pressure?

2" pipes. Pentair FNS Plus DE filter, 36 sq. ft. Pressure is currently 12 psi (8 psi when freshly coated with DE). If it makes any difference the "Service Factor" on the 3/4 HP WhisperFlo is 1.67.

At 8 PSI, I get around 96 GPM and 11 PSI, around 91 GPM.

But that pressure seems a little low for that setup up. What size are the eyeballs (diameter)? Also, what size mult-port valve is on the filter?

The filter has a 2" slide valve on the side ports (to redirect flow for backwash). I'm not certain what you mean by the "eyeballs." Do you mean the check valves? There are check-valves on each of the returns that have clear covers... these are, again, 2" in and out, straight (the product description, best I can tell, says it's a 2 x 2 1/2"... for example: http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... Valve.aspx).

Point me in the right direction for the eyeballs.

Sorry, eyeballs are fittings where the water returns to the pool through the pool wall. Normally, there are eyeballs which can be moved to redirect the return flow. However, not all pools have eyeballs, some just have a pipe that is flush with the pool wall.

http://www.poolcenter.com/accessories_m ... eballs.htm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.