Slide installation with Pump

mnittler

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 17, 2012
South Texas
I am in the process of installing a new in-ground pool (20,000 gallon plus 8' spa) and will intall a Turbo Twister slide. Specs for Turbo Twister slide indicate 40 gpm of water. I asked the pool contractor to install a valve in the polaris 280 line to use the Polaris pump for either application (Slide or 280, never both at the same time). The contractor said that it could not be done. I am confused as to why? Isn't gpm of water just gpm of water. Is it to much pressure? Not enough gpm? or what? He could not tell me just that it can't be done. He wants to install a separate 1/2 hp pump and separate suction for the slide and maybe have a small water feature (geyser) with the same pump. One more tidbit of information is that I also have a spa connected to the same pool filter circulation pump system and will have the water re-routed (bypass the pool) when the spa is in use (suction and discharge will be rerouted to spa when spa is in use). I want to be able to use the spa and the slide at the same time without mixing the heated water from the spa. I know it sounds kind of weird to install a Paramount in-floor and a Polaris 280 in the same pool. I figured that it was almost the same cost as a separate pump and plumbing. :scratch:

The booster pump doesn't produce enough gpm to even get close to 40 gpm and besides that, if you run it at that low head it will be running way outside the curve for the pump and will most likely cause the motor to draw a good deal more current than it's designed for. He's right about it not working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.