Waterfall source from drains or wall?

wpbucher

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
South-Central Pennsylvania
The pool will have a waterfall that is on a separate pump. One PB has the source (suction) from two floor drains. There are already two floor drains tied into the filtration loop...so the pool would have a total of four drains. Another PB has the source from an inlet on the wall of the pool ... with the appropriate anti-entrapment cover.

Is either a "better configuration"?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each configuration?

Is the pool going to be heated? If not then the deeper water will possibly be colder and pulling from there may make things chillier under the waterfall. On the other hand it will aid in reducing temp differences if it runs a lot, and may improve bottom circulation - but with two drains already it may be overkill.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Go with the wall mounted. If you have them at the bottom of the pool with the drain you will suck debris in and have to empty the pump basket. I have side mounted for my water features and have never had any debris in the pump basket in 3 years.

Our waterfall is plumbed with a separate 2HP Whisperflo pump using two intakes on the side wall under the skimmer. The two intakes are designed to prevent entrapment. The advantage of the system is that the waterfall is entirely separate from the pool's main filter circuit. So, no issues running the waterfall regardless of whether the pool is in spa or pool mode. Plus, I can use the waterfall intake to backflush the cleaner line with the turn of a couple of ball valves. This turns out to be a very useful setup with our vacuum side auto cleaner (Zodiac MX8).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.