Air blowers without water flow??????

Oct 1, 2012
I'm building a sitting pool under a waterfall and want a lot of bubbling in this pool. What is the easiest way to get the bubbling?

Can a 240v 2HP blower push air to the bottom of a 48" deep pool? It claims about 120 CFM but no pressure rating.

I am a complete novice at this and hoped to not have to run a separate recirculation pump to have the bubbling. I wanted to keep it simple and just push air as the waterfall itself will create the flow through the pool and spill into the pool eventually to be recirculated back to the waterfall. When the water fall is not running the sitting pool will drain into the main pool and will be empty.

I did not want to complicate things but it is certainly heading that way.

Charles

Good question; usually you don't need to push air that deep. Unless someone else stops by that can answer, your best bet might be to call the manufacturer of the blower(s) you're looking at; hopefully they could tell you.

Thanks,

Looks like no one else has an opinion. I've decided to go with a diverter valve, 2 hp 240v air blower and the 1434 1 1/2" spa jet. I know that will get the job done and when the spa is in use the top portion of the waterfall wont miss the 80 - 90 gallons I'll borrow to pull the air in through the jet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.