H200 Not lighting

Oct 1, 2012
I just bought a used pool heater. I have the plumbing and gas now running. The pilot light is lit. When turn the power switch to on, the main burners will not fire. I read in the troubleshooting, to jumpthe "th" terminals. Now, does this mean to just touch a wire to both terminals? There is a wire leading off one terminal and running somewhere currently. Any help would be appeciated.

kodeblue said:
OK.....I removed the wires from the pressure switch and jumped the 2 wires. The burners fired right up. I assume I need a new switch?

Before you replace it, make sure that the filter is clean, the pump basket not clogged, and that water is circulating properly.

kodeblue said:
OK.....I removed the wires from the pressure switch and jumped the 2 wires. The burners fired right up. I assume I need a new switch?

Maybe, maybe not. You need to do one or the other test not both at the same time. Jumping the terminals just bypasses all of the safety switches and thermostat. Jumping the pressure switch just bypasses the switch. Try getting the unit to fir with just the pressure switch bypassed and everything else as normal. If it fires, then there is something amiss in that item. Could be a flow issue or it could be a bad switch. If it does not fire when jumped then you need to test another safety switch in the circuit. somewhere there is a bad switch or sensor. If the unit fires with the th terminals jumped it only realy proves the power to the gas valve is sufficient to operate it. I have included a simple schematic that shows how these systems work.

gashtrmillivolt2.gif

My bad, I misread your message to be that you jumped both the gas valve and the switch at the same time. When I re-read it you in fact had done it right...jumped the wires to the switch. My appologies for confusing you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.