Hayward outlet and winter plug

May 6, 2012
Endicott NY
Hello everyone,

I have a question on the return line on my agp. I have a Hayward Outlet with the adjustable eye. I'm closing for the winter and trying to figure out how to plug it. I have a few screw in plugs, but it does not fit when I unscrew and remove the adjustable eye. I have a key that fits inside.. Does the inside remove to add the threaded plug? I can't see the it because the cover is on and I'm reaching under the cover. I have searched but found no info.

Please help..

Thanks,
Geo

There should be 3 pieces to the eyeball fitting. You should have the retaining ring, the eyeball & the threaded fitting that screws into the wall fitting.

If the third piece is still in the wall fitting you can screw it out and then your plugs should fit.

You can get a rubber expanding plug which can be used to plug the hole - but you can also try using it to remove the inner fitting by first snugging it up and then trying to turn it (perhaps with a pipe wrench) the rubber plug may get torn up if this doesn't work.

Other options include using a wrench on the key tool that you are using to try to remove the fitting but I would worry it might break.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.