Stabilizer and conditioner - 96% CYA, okay to use?

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
I was shopping for CYA the other day so stopped in the little local hardware since they had a good price on it last year. All they had this time was something called "stabilizer and clarifier conditioner" and it was 96% CYA and 4% "inert ingredients." Previously, the stabilizer I bought was always labeled 100% CYA. The price was not too good either, so I didn't buy it. My question... is this okay to use or should I stick with the 100% CYA?

Edit: I originally wrote clarifier, but I think it was actually conditioner on the label.

MeSue said:
I was shopping for CYA the other day so stopped in the little local hardware since they had a good price on it last year. All they had this time was something called "stabilizer and clarifier conditioner" and it was 96% CYA and 4% "inert ingredients." Previously, the stabilizer I bought was always labeled 100% CYA. The price was not too good either, so I didn't buy it. My question... is this okay to use or should I stick with the 100% CYA?

Edit: I originally wrote clarifier, but I think it was actually conditioner on the label.
I bet you were in an ACE hardware and the brand was HTH by Arch Chemical. It is fine to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.