Sta-Rite SR333 and salt water pool

Mar 30, 2008
My pool is in and we are going to start up the equipment tommorow (see "Michigan Pool Build") inthe build section. I brought in the manuals to work to give them a good read and in the heater literature it says do not use this heater to heat salt water pools. I have a pentair IC-40 SWCG hooked up ready to go. Has any one had any experiance with this heater and a salt water pool. :roll: Thanks Jesse

You should call the heater manufacturer to verify what they define salt water pool as. Most of the time, there are no problems with salt chlorine generators and their definition of salt pools are 4500 ppm or higher.
But it goes back to ensuring what the manufacturer of the equipment says and warrants...and try to get it in writting. I would have their technical/customer service department fax or e-mail their definition to you for your records.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.