2 closing questions

May 30, 2012
Allentown, PA
1. How much psi for blowing out the lines with an air compressor? I tried 20PSI and had a some very small air bubble leaks at the plugs. I think because of the amount of pressure.

2. In the past I blew out the return lines and capped them off under the water line. I read in pool school about drain the water below the returns and adding antifreeze using a curved funnel. So, Just blow out line (turn off air pressure?) add half a gallon of antifreeze, and then cap them off? Thanks for the help.

I blow out with a leaf blower, not sure what the PSI is, but it pushes the water out and I don't worry about if I'm going to burst a pipe. I DO lower the water below the returns (except for the bottom drain obviously) and blow them out one by one and then cap them. I add the antifreeze with a hose and funnel.

Sorry. I mean to say I add antifreeze to the main drain suction side. which I don't assume I've blown the water completely out of, or that it won't slowly seep back in during the winter. I don't antifreeze any of the returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.