Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New category...?

1. Back To Top    #1

New category...?

It's that time of year! Everybody is building and there's tons of new pictures and builds to talk about.

I - -like everybody else -- loves to see the progress of everybody's pool construction. I like to see all of the great ideas and beautiful pools.

In general people (myself included) are posting their build topic in the "swining pool ans spa build and repair". Seems logical enough -- but that folder is also used for general questions about pool building, materials, etc.

My suggestion is to add a folder for people to show off their builds and have the other about general topics of construction.

Any takers?

Thanks for listening!

Steve
    Pool: 625 SF Free-Form In-Ground Shotcrete Pool w/7.5' dia spa.(8 jets), 24" raised bond beam (22,500 gal)
    Pentair Equip: Intelliflo VF Pump, MasterTemp 400 Heater, IC40 SWG, Quad DE 100 Filter
    Automation: IntelliTouch i7+3 (+ extender panel), 6 Jandy Automated Valves (S, R, Spa Bypass, Solar, Cleaner, Spillway)
    Other: 75% Solar, Kreepy Kruiser Cleaner, Tan Hip-Hop Diving Board (a bit curved) on 606 Cantilever Base (SR Smith)
    Links: [TFP Pool Build Thread] - [TFP Landscaping Thread]

2. Back To Top    #2
    Well, despite my forum additions today, merging Grill With Skill and TFP, I tend to try to limit adding forums.

Too many specialty categories and the site gets kind of hard to navigate. I tried sub forums for awhile too, and they were all basically a flop.

I'll think about it.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    me thinks grill with skill added makes it to busy, i would just have a general grilling section and say good bye to grill with skill all together.

btw, i think insted of a sub forum how about this.

pool builds as a forum

then the origional one for problems.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
    btw, i think insted of a sub forum how about this.

pool builds as a forum

then the origional one for problems.
    I understand about too many -- I didn't mean a sub-forum...

Maybe merge the just getting started with the 'problems, specific build issues/repair' forum..? seems to have some overlap.

As stated above is what I had in mind. There is some overlap with "show off your..." forum of completed pools... Never a perfect way.

the number of forums might look less imposing if they were broken up into groups, as some are now. There are a number that are water related that would work well in a group:
    - Chemistry 101
    - BBB
    - Testing the water
    - Algae
    - Baquacil
    - even "SWG" maybe

Either way, it's my $0.02 and I love it either way. The mods can decide what's best.

Steve
    Pool: 625 SF Free-Form In-Ground Shotcrete Pool w/7.5' dia spa.(8 jets), 24" raised bond beam (22,500 gal)
    Pentair Equip: Intelliflo VF Pump, MasterTemp 400 Heater, IC40 SWG, Quad DE 100 Filter
    Automation: IntelliTouch i7+3 (+ extender panel), 6 Jandy Automated Valves (S, R, Spa Bypass, Solar, Cleaner, Spillway)
    Other: 75% Solar, Kreepy Kruiser Cleaner, Tan Hip-Hop Diving Board (a bit curved) on 606 Cantilever Base (SR Smith)
    Links: [TFP Pool Build Thread] - [TFP Landscaping Thread]