Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I turned off the pump this morning at 9:00 on purpose. I am waiting for someone to come retrieve a live rat out of my pool.

At 10 am the Polaris cleaner came on. Does that mean the skimmers are on too?

I can't kill the rat myself, and I surely can't get him out. I really don't want him in the skimmer.

Good news - my neighbor came home and took care of the critter. I have to test the water next. Since it didn't stay dead in the water long, do you think I should shock the pool? Thanks so much!

BTW, I noticed that when only the cleaner was running, the filter was off..? The waterfalls and the spa spillover were not running either. I hit the filter button, and everything started up. I'm not quite sure about the way the computer is wired yet.

imrodee said:
Good news - my neighbor came home and took care of the critter. I have to test the water next. Since it didn't stay dead in the water long, do you think I should shock the pool? Thanks so much!

BTW, I noticed that when only the cleaner was running, the filter was off..? The waterfalls and the spa spillover were not running either. I hit the filter button, and everything started up. I'm not quite sure about the way the computer is wired yet.

Your computer should NOT have allowed the cleaner pump to come on with the filter off. There is a specific setting to prevent that.

Oh-oh. You know, I've noticed a few quirky things with the settings. How would I get the computer wiring checked out?

Should I be able to turn the pump on from the computer wall unit in the house? Or the waterfall?

Thanks so much!

imrodee said:
Oh-oh. You know, I've noticed a few quirky things with the settings. How would I get the computer wiring checked out?

Should I be able to turn the pump on from the computer wall unit in the house? Or the waterfall?

Thanks so much!

Have your builder verify the wiring and dip switch settings. If he can't or won't and it's still under warranty call Pentair for service. If none of that works for you, get a handy friend, a copy of the installation and wiring manual and a six pack of beer.

If the computer is in auto mode you should be able to turn everything on or off from the inside controller.
If it's in service only the outside controller will do anything.

Qwaxalot said:
imrodee said:

Thanks so much!

Have your builder verify the wiring and dip switch settings. If he can't or won't and it's still under warranty call Pentair for service. If none of that works for you, get a handy friend, a copy of the installation and wiring manual and a six pack of beer.

If the computer is in auto mode you should be able to turn everything on or off from the inside controller.
If it's in service only the outside controller will do anything.

This is a new pool, (Aug 4th fill) I'll get with the PB again now that I understand a little more about the computer capabilities. The PB crew was very helpful, but when they left, they left. The Pentair manuals are pretty vague about day to day use. But again, I'm sure there are so many different configurations the manual would have to be 4 inches thick.

I would like to be able to start the pump/filter from the inside control panel. I always have the outside one set to "Auto." Right now I have the following:
Inside Control Panel
1. Turn the heater on the Spa
2. Turn the Polaris on
3. Turn on the Spa Jets
4. Turn on the Pool Light & Grotto light
5. Turn on the Spa Light

Outside Control Panel: Always on Auto, unless I'm draining the spa
1. Filter/Pump
2. Cleaner
3. Pool Lights
4. Spa Lights
5. Aux 5
6. Aux 6
7. Aux 7

Spa Side 4 Button Controls
1. Spa Heater
2. Pool Light
3. Spa Jets
4. Spa Lights

The waterfalls are governed by a Jandy switch
The pool/spa flow are governed by a Jandy switch
The drain spa activators are activated by the drain spa mode
The pool drains are governed by 2 Jandy switches

Quax, thank you for the clarification. Like I said, the manuals don't really explain the day to day things.

I wouldn't want anyone to touch the wiring but the PB or an approved Pentair Installer/Rep. (For the sake of the warranty)

Just my luck we'd have the neighbor's garage door going up and down. :lol: But I bet I could put a good dent in the beers tho! :cheers:

Thanks again!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.