SWG hookup correct?

Aug 7, 2009
[attachment=0:22nkpdhe]photo-8.jpg[/attachment:22nkpdhe]
Had a SWG installed and wanted to make sure this looks correct? The pool is controlled by an Intermatic timer. The pool pump and my solar power box are wire directly to the timer. When they installed the Hayward SWG control box they wired it to the solar power box and not directly to the timer box. Is this correct? Seemed a bit odd to me. Picture attached.

Attachments

• photo-8.jpg
    photo-8.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 97
I had a simlar setup at my last house, but can not remember how everything was wired.

I do not think that everthing has to be run back to the timer if the equipment has the terminals to pass the power through.

Although, the SWG is using more power than the solar controller, so maybe running from the timer to the SWG and then from the SWG to the solar would be better. I am just not sure if there is enough room in the timer to correctly connect that many wires to the the terminals.

EDIT: Although doesn't the solar need to have continuous power (I am not sure on this) ... just thought it would be needed to turn the solar valve after the pump shuts off. At least I thought I remembered that is the way the setup worked.

Aquatica said:
scent of a mule said:
Oops! Corrected the spelling. Made me laugh out loud.
I have a pump, solar, and SWG. Can all these be wired to the timer?

solar?
Yes the box on top of the intermatic timer is the solar box (aqualink II) that regulates the flow valve to the panels based on set temperatures. The white box is obviously the SWG box. You can see where each flex whip is running.

scent of a mule said:
Aquatica said:
[quote="scent of a mule":y3vkor9w]Oops! Corrected the spelling. Made me laugh out loud.
I have a pump, solar, and SWG. Can all these be wired to the timer?

solar?
Yes the box on top of the intermatic timer is the solar box (aqualink II) that regulates the flow valve to the panels based on set temperatures. The white box is obviously the SWG box. You can see where each flex whip is running.[/quote:y3vkor9w]

oh yes one of my clients had one of those. never worked. I think he needed a lot more panels to heat the water than he did.

I know the aqua rite manual says to hook up panel to the time clock. not sure what the solar says but best to check. I see no problems hooking both to the timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.