Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The hose came off my Polaris 280 right behind the float head.

The problem is I can slide the hose back over the spout (sorry) but the "clamp" is threaded, and I can't push the clamp over the connection to secure it. Am I missing a part? I looked thru the Polaris diagram, and I don't see anything that I am missing.

Could I use a ziptie for now? The cleaner is scheduled to come on in about 20 minutes... so I'd like to find the missing piece if there is one. You can see in the photos that that same clamp is being used on the other side. Superman must have put that one on! :super:

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 72
That nut just screws over the bulge in the hose to secure it over the barb on the float. Once you put the hose back over the barb just start screwing the nut over the bulge. It might help to warm the hose up a bit.

Thanks Dave! I'll dip it in very hot water and see if I can make that work!

Appreciate the quick response!

I think I actually used an adjustable wrench on mine to give me more leverage - no come to think of it I used a plumbing wrench - not exactly the right tool but what I had handy.

I'm guessing that you're putting the nut on the hose first?
The nut goes onto the hard plastic part first, then you slide the hose on and turn the nut to tighten (look at the other side of the backup valve).
You may have to cut a little off the hose if has become distorted.

Quax, I was trying to do it the wrong way I think. For now, I put a tidy little zip tie on.

If I am understanding you correctly, I should put the nut on the plastic first. Then put the hose over the plastic, then twist/back the nut out over the top of the union. (I'm only saying "twist" because of the threading in the nut.)

I'll have to attempt this tomorrow morning as I am headed out to BS in a bit. Thanks so much!

imrodee said:
Quax, I was trying to do it the wrong way I think. For now, I put a tidy little zip tie on.

If I am understanding you correctly, I should put the nut on the plastic first. Then put the hose over the plastic, then twist/back the nut out over the top of the union. (I'm only saying "twist" because of the threading in the nut.)

I'll have to attempt this tomorrow morning as I am headed out to BS in a bit. Thanks so much!

That is correct. If the soft hose is buggered up, cut it back to beyond the bulge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.