Tiny Bubbles..........in my return

Valkyrie

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Athens, AL
Hello pool guys and gals,

I am seeing very tiny bubble in my returns. The last time I had bubbles, the pool level was too low, raised the level and the bubbles went away.

Today while turning the jandy valve from one skimmer the other while vacuuming, I heard "something"...I dont know what it was but now I have very tiny bubbles.

I know about shutting the pump off when moving the selector for backwashing etc, but am I, or should I be shutting the pump off to move the jandy valve?

All that to get to my question, does it sound like I broke something?

As Always,

Thank you in advance

Tiny Bubbles

I've have an SWG, but have experienced different causes of tiny bubble relating to a poor connection on the intake side of the pump. Essentially this causes the pump to draw some air with the water.

The most common areas I would look are

1) Poor connection between two floating sections of vacuum hose.
Sometimes you can acutally hear it sucking air if you splash water on the joints.
Solution- see if you can get a better connection between the vacuum hose joint, or replace the section.

2) Poor connection of an above water plumbing joint between the skimmer and the pump.
Solution - A bit of tightening or teflon tape on the joint.

3) Poor seal of O-Ring on pump cleanout lid.
Solution - Tighten lid, add a bit of Jack's O-Ring lubricant around O-Ring, or replace O-Ring

4) If the valve at the skimmer was closed when the pump was on, this could cause the pressure in the intake pipes to drop
to the point where air can gets through joints that it normally wouldn't be able. You may have created this condition
when you switched from one skimmer to another.

If this is the case, is something it broken? Can't tell, but I would try retightening any of the joints between the skimmer
and the pump. While the pump is running you may be able to hear a sucking sound at a poor joint. Let us know if you
still have bubbles after tightening the joints

Here is a tip:
Jandy valves leak air if they are on the input side of the
pump. Take the valve apart(remove all those screws) and then generously
lube the seal O-Ring and the O-Ring on the handle shaft. Reinstall
the valve, air leaks solved.

Cliff s

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.