Dialing in new SWG

phipsi1237

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 16, 2011
Tularosa, NM
I had a lot of new equipment installed a month or so ago. My CYA still only testing about 40. My pump has been running 24 hours because my heater fan was turning on when the pump is off.

The lowest setting I can set the SWG to is 6% because the IntelliPh won't run below that.

When I test the FC in the evening, it's increasing a little each day. Since the SWG is already on it's lowest setting, my only option seems to be to reduce the pump run time. I had to rewire the heater to the pump/filter relay so that the heater turns off with the pump.

When is the best time to check the FC when setting up the SWG? My thoughts are that I want to test for an FC of no less than 3 or 4 (depending on my CYA) at sundown, since that would be the minimum after sun burn off.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

So that leads to the next question. When is the best time to run it? I figured mostly during the day. Issue right now is I'm not sure how long it will need to run. I know it's going to be a balancing project with run time and output percentage. I need to make sure it's filtering enough and the SWG output is enough.

Ideally, I would run the pump the minimum number of hours for clarity, and increase the SWG output as the run time decreases. Correct?

Yup. Your last statement is the cheapest option.

There are minor advantages to running in the day light, unless your power is cheaper at night. Though could also run for only a few hours a couple times spread out over the day which can sometimes aid keeping the pool skimmed and adds FC spread out instead of all in one time period.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.