Liner replacement questions

Jul 2, 2009
Southern Virginia
I'm at my wits end with this project. We started replacing our liner on Satruday...emptied the pool, cut the liner out, laid the new liner out in the sun...here it is Tuesday and we are still messing with it! We had problems getting it to stretch because it hasn't been the warmest here the past few days. Tomorrow it is going to hit 80 degrees. I am hoping we have more luck, but I am doubting it. Anyway, my questions:

1. We have the liner properly installed and connected to the walls. I put about 12-15 inches of water in it and have noticed that parts of the liner has started to slip and pull on the sides. What was 4" of overlap is now about 1". What can I do to stop this?

2. Should I be using a shop vac to help with the air? There are no creases just lots of air. It doesn't lay flat against the pool walls.

3. SHOULD it be laying flat against the pool walls? I have emailed the manufacturer because I am still convinced it is not big enough for our pool!! I don't want to keep filling it and have a seam failure or have a wall slip all the way in.

TIA!!

15ft 48" Above ground pool!

Sorry to hear about your issues :<(

Before ordering the liner, did you confirm pool wall height? If you have a 48" wall less 2-3" sand base would be around 46" required liner height. Proper sand base or foam base height?

Now an atempt to answer your questions:

1) Not sure you can do much, the weight of the water will force the liner to settle, whether it is tall enough or not :<(
2) Yes, as the water level rises, it will push the air out
3) Yes, as it stretches into place, but not by much. The bottom seam should be within +/-1" of your pool wall

Yes, I confirmed the pool wall height...48"...and we had to measure the height of the liner to make sure there wasn't a defect. It is 52" from bottom seam to top. It looks like our bottom seam is within about an inch of the pool wall. We are currently draining some of the water so we can re-stretch the sides then try with the vacuum. I can't take any chances with this liner being messed up since we will be renting it out come January. Everything about this pool ownership has been trial and error over the past 5 years. Yes, a new liner so soon is unheard of but we had 10 holes in the bottom of the pool. The liner that came with the pool was Crud and we know the company we bought the pool from was Crud because it is out of business because of all of the complaints and BBB reports they got over liners and improper pool installs. LUCKILY we got a good install but a crappy liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.