Intex Take down: how to winterize pentair pump, cart, HEATER

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
Hi all,
I am ready to drain and take down my Intex Ultra, but this year for the first year I have Pentair equip, instead of Intex. I am hoping someone can walk me thru what I do to take all this down. The plan is to unhook everything and store the pump and filter in the garage and if I can, even take the heater in. (hvac neighbor will help with the gas connections, i'm worried about water in this topic).

My primary question right now is, What do I need to do with the equipment BEFORE I drain the pool? Do i need to do something now (before I drain the pool) to Pump or blow out, or otherwise remove residual water in any of the three Pentair pieces? Or do I just drain the pool, disconnect all the flex pipe, and dump any extra water from the Flex pipe, pump, filter, heater? I just need to be sure I don't incorrectly store any of this with water that can do damage, but, especially with the heater, I'm not sure how to ensure the water is all out (or how much if any sits in it when it is off) and want to be sure I don't prematurely drain the pool if I need a working pump to winterize the heater.

Thanks!

Re: Intex Take down: how to winterize pentair pump, cart, HE

So, for others with a similar question, I took off all the plumbing and opened all the drains on the heater. Then, with the help of Pentair tech support, used an air compressor (not more than 5 psi) to blow out the coil - they had me remove the pressure switch and blow from that hole. They say I am done and should be fine. Hoping next spring everything works a-okay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.