coping pushed by cover anchors

Sep 3, 2012
Ramsey, NJ
Hi!

I just bought a house with a pool that has not been used in 3 years. The pool coping has been disjointed along one side. There is no expansion joint. Upon visual inspection, the pool safety cover anchors have pushed the brick pavers against the coping, i.e. you can see that the pavers are touching the coping in regular pattern - against each anchor. The coping is particularly detached in the corner.

I asked a local guy to tell me how to fix, and he said he will rip up all the coping and put expansion joint and new pavers.

My questions: Is it possible to save the existing coping? The coping is not cracked or damaged in any way.

Attachments

• IMG_0509[1].jpg
    IMG_0509[1].jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 124
PM poolguynj. He may have someone he can refer to you, but best advice is to call a few poolbuilders in the area and get multiple quotes, even a landscape/hardscape co could complete the patio work. If I'm not mistaken, that looks like a paver surround, so not really sure that an expansion joint is needed, other than having the coping reset. It looks as if the cover achors wer not properly installed and perhaps pulled the coping away from the paver stones, but I'm just guessing.

Good luck to you.

Yes, you are correct, the patio is made of brick pavers. The anchors have aluminum tubes that are about 14 inches long. The anchors/tubes are now leaning toward the pool and there is a pattern of the brick pavers, where those b/n the anchors and coping are closer to the pool than the others. I read in one of the threads here that I might fix the anchors by using 2 feet long rebar and having the tubes on top of them.

The two pool guys I spoke with, B&B Pool & Spa, and Mando (forgot the name of his company), both told me I need an expansion joint regardless. Neither one commented on the fact that the anchors/tubes are moving toward the pool, even though the pattern is very visible to the eye. When I asked them, they said adding an expansion joint will fix that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.