Pump for pool cover in winter - recommendations?

neen01

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 13, 2012
NJ
We have had to replace the pump for the pool cover once a season at least since we built the pool 5 years ago. (solid cover, it pumps the rain off)
I did a quick search and there doesn't seem to be a lot of different options.
Anyone have one that they recommend?
Is this necessary?

I found it using a search and everyone recommended the Rule one which we have. My experience is consistent with the amazon reviews where it works great for about 3/4 to maybe 1 whole season and then it dies :(

neen01 said:
I found it using a search and everyone recommended the Rule one which we have. My experience is consistent with the amazon reviews where it works great for about 3/4 to maybe 1 whole season and then it dies :(

They have a 3-year guarantee. I had one that died at 2.5 years and I had a new one inside of a week. I've got five on the replacement. I think the Rule is the best as I never had a Little Giant make it through a season. I had two.

ok. I will call again. They have replaced them so far but I wonder how many times they will or if one will make it to 3 years. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better one that I didn't know about since I just found this whole website this year and certainly learned a lot!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.