Grill With Skill Has Moved to TFP!

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
As some of you may have already noticed, we have a new category and forums, under the heading Grill With Skill. Grill With Skill was a little side project of mine - an outdoor cooking forum. While I love the concept, I just did not have the time to work on and promote the site as thoroughly as I should have.

In order to give better service to the Grill With Skill crowd and to add a fun new dynamic to TFP, I have condensed the Grill With Skill forums and moved them over here.

GWS is still open for the purpose of moving over posts, for those who want to do so, but any new posts should be made here at TFP.

On a related note, I have asked ktDave to serve as the primary moderator of the GWS area of the site. Dave hung in there over at GWS even when my attentions were elsewhere - Thanks Dave!

Sean, don't get me wrong here, I love GWS and hope it grows, but I'm thinking you're going to get some complaints on this one. Mainly from the subject of 'view new posts'. This is how I (and I'm guessing most regular readers) read the forum. In my case I click the 'view new posts' link and then go through the entire list and open each thread I want to read in a new browser tab. I then close the search tab and read through the posts at my leisure. If GWS starts getting busier (as I expect it will), grilling posts will start cluttering up the 'view new posts' search. I find this somewhat dis-jointed. It's probably a limitation of my pea-sized brain that can't easily shift gears from swimming to grilling and back quickly. Could we maybe have seperate links for 'new TFP posts' and 'new GWS posts'?

I am glad to see the BBQ forum added here. Like the idea of not having to go to a separate forum for this. I am by no means a BBQ expert, So I like reading and learning what others have to share. And if you think about it, Pools and BBQ sorta go together.

I'm with Eskimo Pie here. I click on View New Posts to read the pool forum and find the new index with grilling topics interspersed in the pool topics a little disorienting. I'm wondering if there's a way categorize them or separate them somehow so the New Posts index has two sections?

AnnaK

Is it possible to have both? I'm all for more posts on grilling. My outdoor kitchen is only used for steaks, chicken breasts, burgers and hot dogs... I would very much like to learn more about different types of grilling and smoking. Having the grilling posts included in the 'new posts' link certainly will improve visibility and increase contributions.

There are undoubtedly people who don't even own a grill and have no interest in grilling but are still passionate about their pool. Maybe a new link for these people that just lists the new posts in the pool forums only?

Just my $0.02

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The GWS posts are a wonderful addition to the site, IMHO. Finding a new recipe sprinkled among the pool posts is simply a treat 8)

I have been wanting to ask for a "What's For Dinner?" forum, and now it looks like that is done! :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Sean.

Sean, may I suggest a section for "BBQ island construction", at the presently defunct "BBQ Galore" forum, the busiest section was their diy island construction area. Tons of knowledge was available to anyone interested in building their own BBQ island, from steel stud and block wall methods, to applying stucco, and countertops. All from us members who have built their own. Just a suggestion. I am spreading the word to all of the members their with whom I have their email address's as well.

Thanks!

Greg

Hey Sean,
I think I mentioned to you before that I love the idea of GWS being accessible from TFP (being ON TFP is even better)!
I'm in the hearth (stove) industry, and our industry organization is the "Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association" (www.hpba.org). Years ago, it was just "HBA" but then they decided to add Patio product, since it all logically goes together and many retailers carried the patio furniture, etc., along with hearth and barbecue product.
Now, with the popularity of the "Outdoor Room," pools and barbecuing are definitely hand-in-hand. Going to the trade show sounded boring when I first took the job, but it's amazing to see the things that are happening in the Outdoor Room concepts. Incredibly fun...
So thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.