Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
What does the "Back-up" valve really do on this cleaner? In my pool it tends to send the Krawler floating "in space" and getting hung up at the inlet hose. It seems if that did not go off, all would get cleaned fine. It also tends to shoot a spray at random spots once in a while (like on someone sitting near the pool), while in "back-up" mode.

tcat said:
What does the "Back-up" valve really do on this cleaner? In my pool it tends to send the Krawler floating "in space" and getting hung up at the inlet hose. It seems if that did not go off, all would get cleaned fine. It also tends to shoot a spray at random spots once in a while (like on someone sitting near the pool), while in "back-up" mode.

It's purpose is to periodically pull the cleaner away from wherever it is (in case it gets stuck somewhere).

If the cleaner never gets stuck you can replace the backup valve with a swivel and be done with it.

However, it's more likely that the hose needs to be shortened. Check your owners manual for the the proper setup.

Thanks. I did look at the manual and hose looks about right. I did flip the plate in the back-up valve around so the 3/8" hole is now used. It appears to have helped a lot (it doesn't travel as fast or as high in the water, so doesn't loop itself over the top of the hose at the inlet). It does get stuck once in while (usually facing straight at the stairs), so I'll leave it on. I also put the rear tires on the front which helps it get unstuck. Tread is completely worn off 2 tires.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.