Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here's a recipe I'm working on. I stole the original fromHere

Jalapeno Barbecue Burgers

* 4 roasted seeded jalapeño peppers, coarsely chopped
* 2 pounds ground chuck
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 2 tablespoons marinated onion, chopped. I use ranch dressing mix and olive oil for the marinade
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup Cattleman's Original barbecue sauce (I'm tempted to try some Carolina style sauce)
* Salt and pepper to taste.
* Memphis style dry rub

Combine all of the ingredients except the rub and mix well. You want it much runnier than you'd think. I usually have to give it another shot of barbecue sauce to get it like I want. Here's the key step: Form the meat mixture into a loose blob that is roughly shaped like a patty. Squeezing, squashing or any serious shaping are to be avoided. I like to place the "burger blobs" on a platter and chill in the refrigerator for an hour before grilling if I have the time. It helps the blobs stay together when you put them on the grill. Dust both sides with the rub as you place them on the platter. You'll still probably need to use a spatula to transfer them from the platter to the grill.

Put the burgers on a hot grill. Don't try to turn them too quickly or you'll tear them up.

I like to top the burgers with grilled thick sliced Vidalia onions, marinated and basted with olive oil and ranch or Italian dressing mix. Put a skewer through the onion to hold it together. It will take longer to grill the onions than the burgers, so plan accordingly.

Serve the burgers and onions on a toasted bun.

Still making some tweaks.

waterbear said:
John, come on over any day and make them! They sound really good. I'll supply the beer!

If you weren't so far away...

I still think it needs more tweaking, and I'm considering adding some sugar or trying a different sauce. Cattlemen's is my favorite, so I always have some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.