Half deck 18 x 33 - how to cover

Sep 15, 2012
So we are trying to cover but cant use cable because of the deck. Any suggestions? We have the part/side of the cover anchored to the deck that has one to anchor to but the side with no deck - do you think the clips will hold it? I live in missouri so winter can be icy and windy with snow. Any suggestions?

Use cable and only tighten on the non deck sides? You sure could put a winch in each side off deck and anchor on the deck, right? Also wondering hiw tge heck you plan any liner-rail maintenance if you built tge deck so its impossible to get at the rails and sides. Most leave a gap which allows for that and also frost heave in areas with winter freeze. Just sayin....

I have the same situation for my pool. I used a cable/winch around the pool, then spaced eye screws every several feet on the deck, through a grommet in the cover, and fed the cable through each eye. I also used cement filled 5 gallon buckets on the cover where the deck ends on each side to hold down the cover where the cable drops down below the top rails again. On the outside I hung a few water filled bleach bottles as well. Seems to be doing the trick so far. We have had some very windy weather here in eastern PA lately and it is working pretty well. I have some wind getting under the cover on the outer side where the bottles are hung, but its better than the clips I used last year. I have also heard using screws and washers to screw down cover at several grommets into the deck. I have not tried that, but it seems like it would work. Obviously both of these methods put a few holes in the deck, which you may not like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.